District 5M2 would like to invite you to the 2021 MD5M convention “Bend in the River III - Join the
Jamboree” on May 1, 2021 for a one-day virtual convention!
REGISTRATION IS FREE!!! Register today via online registration on the MD5M website lionsmd5m.org. An in-depth letter explaining the convention changes was sent to all club Presidents and Secretaries in the Multiple with email addresses at the end of February. If either your club president or secretary did not receive a copy of the letter, please contact your District Governor or [email protected]
As the convention nears, there will be links available to access Zoom and Facebook live for convention participation.
This is an exciting year for the 2021 convention that will give the opportunity for all of you to join! There is no traveling required, no registration fee, no hotel or meal costs. An exciting fun filled day will be had by all!
Do not miss this opportunity to Join the Jamboree!
Tentative schedule—beginning at 8 a.m.
• Service of Remembrance (2020 & 2021)
• Opening Ceremony
• Business meeting with online voting, which will include voting to endorse PDG Joanne Ogden, District 5M10, as International Director representing Constitutional Area 2, Canada
• Keynote speaker—PIP Frank Moore. Past International President Frank was President in 2001-02 and has been our current LCI Executive Administrator and Secretary in Oakbrook for numerous years.
• Awards—Peace Poster, International Essay Contest, Hall of Fame (2020 & 2021), Al Jensen Awards (2020 & 2021)
• Afternoon speakers (online) - three University of MN speakers -
o MN Lions Childhood Cancer Foundation, Dr. Lucie Turcotte from Masonic Children's Hospital
o MN Lions Hearing Foundation, Dr. Bevan Yueh, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
o MN Lions Vision Foundation, Dr. Joshua Hou – Medical Director, Lions Gift of Sight and Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Neurosciences
Watch for additional information on virtual voting, silent auction and annual Foundation meetings as well as a separate flyer explaining a service project challenge to all MD5M clubs.
District 5M-2 is Looking forward to seeing you all Joining the Jamboree at the Bend in the River lll – MD5M 2021 Convention!
CLICK HERE for 2021 MD5M Convention Flyer